Our focus is on caring.
While a terminal illness is never easy, our goal is to help make this time as meaningful and comforting as possible for our patients and their families.
At Personal Home Healthcare and Hospice, we strive to provide the best quality of life, incorporating symptom management to reduce pain and discomfort, while limiting treatments that add stress and suffering. This is the goal to which our entire staff is dedicated.
Our caring Hospice professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
When is it time for hospice care?
There are many deciding factors that can influence your qualification for hospice care, including:
- Patients with terminal diseases that could result in loss of life within 6 months.
- Patients experiencing an increase in pain or nausea, dramatic weight loss, or distress with breathing, even when at rest.
- Repeat hospitalizations or frequent ER visits Patients unable to “bounce back” after medical setbacks.
- Patients needing more assistance, are sleeping more, or are emotionally withdrawn.
- When other treatment options no longer benefit the patient.
- When patients and family want to stop treatment and allow the end of life process to happen naturally.
- When patients and their loved ones feel that spiritual and supportive services can bring everyone involved together, with realistic goals for the patient.
Make sure to consult your physician about whether or not hospice care is the best course of treatment for you or your loved one.